How strong do you consider your faith to be? It doesn’t matter whether Christianity is something you’re only starting to explore, or it’s been a part of who you are for many years, today we’re going to critically assess what faith means to each of us. The outcome will be different for everyone, and something very personal to you. It’s probably something that will change too from day to day, week to week, year to year!
Being aware of where we’re at when it comes to faith is an important step in attempting to strengthen our relationship with God. It helps to acknowledge our areas of strength as well as the things we might be feeling doubtful or unsure about. Only then do we stand a chance of overcoming them!
Here are some questions you might like to think about today. Perhaps you might like to record your answers somewhere you can refer back to them in future?
- What do you do when things go wrong in life?
- Are there things that worry you? How do you respond to this?
- How many times a day do you think of God?
- How often do you pray for God’s will and not your own?
- When you go to church / CU do you go because you feel you want to, or because you feel you should?
- Can you honestly say that you love God with all your heart, all your mind, and all your soul?
- What would you put first? Friends/family or God?